Friday, May 21, 2004

Now I'll tell you what I think.

The reality is that my two favorites are A and D. The color of the lenses in A aren't what I'd get. The reason they make them a little pink is because that way you can see the edges better; or at least that's what the lady, who is a very ineffective sales person, at the doctors office told me. It's time for a story...

My old wire frame glasses were a little bit lose at the hinge so I asked her to fix it; they do this free of charge. She did it, I didn't
think or check her work and left. I went to another glasses place to check out their selection and as I took my glasses off - to try another pair on - and set them down I saw how much this lady (who went to school for a couple of years in order to do her job poorly) screwed up my glasses. The left arm wasn't even close to parallel with the other arm. It was like they were magnets and there was some kind of reverse polarity going on. The guy at the new glass place (who fixed them gladly, free of charge) told me that someone had tightened the screw so much that it was squishing the metal and preventing the hinge from even working. He then asked "who tried to fix your glasses?" To which I replied, "It would be unprofessional to say.... it was the lady at Dr. ______ office." (I'm not saying it because I don't want to be sued for defamation of character from something I haphazardly wrote on the internet). Anyhow, I got my redemption because I forgot to pay and just left (naturally I have to go back tomorrow).

Back to the glasses issue. I do like the frame-less glasses but they cost over $500 dollars after lenses, so that option is pretty much out. Plus, they're becoming too popular and damn near everyone has them.

I like the shape of A. B is kind of like on the ones I already own. C is nice but I like the shape more of A. D is unique, different, interesting, and something that is, best of all, italian (because I care where my glasses are designed). I look too much like Scott (gay scott, not Marsha's) in E, and I can't live in someone else's shadow. And F I really liked at first but now that I look at the picture, ughhhhhh (that'd be me dry heaving, I'm not too good with the onomatopoeia).

With this new information I'm going to give you a second vote and see how the vote turns out. So go down and vote again. If you still think that the frame-less are the cats meow (what the hell does that mean), then vote for the one that you're already voted for. Do whatever you want!

Oh and I thought I needed a wheel alignment but it turns out the tire was just flat! That's one flat last summer, two this winter, one bulged tire (which had to be thrown out), a complete tire change and today's new discovery. Thankfully it's a slow leak so I can save money by not getting it fixed and just filling it up every morning.

Thank you for the comments and the emails, it keeps me sane and brightens up my day. Talk to you soon.

Wader

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, guess who!?!

I see, judging from your latest post, that you hate incompetent people almost as much as I do and it makes me like you even more! Haha... What a stupid woman. She's probably at home right now with a little tiny screwdriver poised at the edge of her frames thinking, "Tighter! Tighter! I must make them TIGHTER!!"

Well, I took your poll and I chose, along with the masses so far, C! A is nice too and maybe C is just an awesome picture of you! I don't know... :)

Hey! I got a new job! Same place, same work, different department. Life is good. Speaking of work... that's where I am right now, so I should actually... you know... DO some.

Take care of yourself, eh? :)
jenica

joelthedramakid said...

Hey Wade,

I know, i know, they are all popular and everything but i think C is the way to go. If i have to pick between A and D. I'll say A.

that's all from me except.. i am now going to write poorly in a crazy fashion so you can read my retarded thoughts

http://mecrazynever.blogspot.com

ok good night