Sunday, May 16, 2004

The grass is green (kind of), the garden is planted (almost), the sun is old (at times), and I have to work tonight...

Well it's been a busy couple of days. It's funny, I first it seems
like there's nothing to do and yet, there's so much to do. I don't get
much down time, I've been going fairly steady since I got back. What,
with my Wadeumentary (a "documentary" of my last four years and my
university experience), creating a presentation for my Grandma's 75th
birthday party, creating a speech for my brothers wedding (and possibly
a presentation for that too), helping organize the wedding, finding
time for the few friends that I have in Fort St. John, catching up on
reading, figuring out what I'll be doing come September, Subing,
working for the city, helping people with their computers, and the list
goes on and on. For now I'll tell you what wonderful things I've been
up to the last few days.

Friday night I went to a play at the high school. Three secondary
students directed students from the Junior high. My date was the
former high school drama teacher, who is now a principal at the largest
elementary school in town. I had done work for him on his house of
couple of years ago and we became fairly good friends through that.
The show was a valiant effort, I'll leave it at that. No I won't. It
wasn't the kids or the direction (completely), the biggest problem was
the script. "Death by Chocolate," is one of the worst pieces of
writing I've ever been subjected to hearing and/or seeing.

After the show we went back to Daniel's house and we talked, listen to
music and played guitar for about 4 hours. I was a really nice night,
inspirational really. He's one of these captivating people who can
inspire you simply by being himself. I was home by 1:00 and in bed by
3:00.

I haven't went to bed before 12:00 since I got back to FSJ.

Saturday morning we always go garage saleing. At 8:00 we're up touring
in the 87' VW Fox stopping, viewing, making fun of people's useless
shit, then buying it ourselves. Yesterday we didn't go, and that was
sad. Two people had had to work really late the night before and
another was out of town for a race. I didn't feel like going myself,
that's just strange. I'll go to a bar myself (and have many times
because no one showed up on a particular Thursday), but garage
saleing?... That's just strange.

The band is on the back burner right now. We have a couple of gigs, if
we want them, but Jarred isn't back yet, so right now there's little
music in my life compared to a average summer.

Yesterday I did get up (at 1:00 or 1:30) and helped my mother plant
most of the garden (we ran out of seeds and will finish today). We
were done by 5:30 and she took me to Quiznos for din din. I love
Quiznos, especially when someone else is footing the bill. In total we
have 36 hills of potatoes; a row of lettuce, carrots, and onions, each;
two rows of different varieties of sunflowers (for the wedding); a row
of sweet peas; 3 rows of peas; a tonne of raspberries; three strawberry
boxes; rhubarb is on the way; and herbs will be planted in a couple of
weeks (my baby).

Last night. We watched "Airplane," the greatest spoof of all time.
I've watched it so many times that I've lost count. If you're a fan of
spoofs and haven't seen it yet then you have to buy/rent it NOW! It's
not outdated or irrelevant, it's still just as funny as it was in 1980.

Now I'm up, watched Penn and Teller's "Bullshit," on my computer, and
I'm off to get ready for the day. I work at 5:00 till 1:30 tomorrow
morning. Wish me luck. and talk to you soon.

Wade Kelly
wkelly@ualberta.ca

1 comment:

M said...

gardens. yummy. i wish i had the space, the time, and the motivation to have a garden... as it is, I'll just have to enjoy eating out of others.