So I'm hear at Standard Auto and it's 10:16 in the morning. I can here because I was in the neighborhood and my break is at hand. My command start, after 3 months of faithful service, isn't working as it should. The damn thing won't even unlock the car. Naturally, it's cold out.
So what to do. I stand here is a dirty shop typing a clean entry about a minor incontinence that has resulted in cold feet.
No matter. The guy's trying to figure the damn thing out and having no luck. It's not just the battery in the remote. Damn technology. I wish I had my camera.
What else? Well I have to do something with my time so that I'm not leering over the mans shoulders, but what to do? I'll describe the shop as I can't show you. The place was formally an outdoors shop that sold things for archery and other outdoor sports involving moose and geese. Then it was a flower shop. Looking around there are remnants from both and I'm stuck here wondering why they didn't paint over the sponge work, the violet coloured sponge painted walls and roofs in the back room. Needless to say, the shop (the glass shop) is a unique and eclectic mix of the old and the new. The glass and the flower. Alright, I'm ranting. Whatelse is there to talk about when you're standing in a glass shop waiting for your command start to once again roar? The "Film-On Mounting Concentrate?"
Anyhow, off to other emails. The ice carving championships are here on Saturday, I will brave the cold for the pictures; they will glimmer.
Wader
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wade you are so funny! Did you mean a minor 'inconvenience'......or did you put 'incontinence' in there to be funny? I had this vision of you wetting yourself at Standard Autobody!
Of course there's also that other meaning....
Words with Wade: a preview of one of your upcoming radio segments
"Glimmer vs. Glitter (and what the hell, Glisten)"
****
glim·mer Pronunciation Key (glmr)
n.
1. A dim or intermittent flicker or flash of light.
2. A faint manifestation or indication; a trace: a glimmer of understanding.
intr.v. glim·mered, glim·mer·ing, glim·mers
1. To emit a dim or intermittent light. See Synonyms at flash.
2. To appear faintly or indistinctly: Hope still glimmered in our minds.
****
glit·ter Pronunciation Key (gltr)
n.
1. A sparkling or glistening light.
2. Brilliant or showy, often superficial attractiveness.
3. Small pieces of light-reflecting decorative material.
****
glis·ten Pronunciation Key (glsn)
intr.v. glis·tened, glis·ten·ing, glis·tens
To shine by reflection with a sparkling luster. See Synonyms at flash.
n.
A sparkling, lustrous shine.
intr.v. glit·tered, glit·ter·ing, glit·ters
1.
1. To sparkle brilliantly; glisten. See Synonyms at flash.
2. To sparkle coldly or malevolently: eyes that glittered at the prospect of revenge.
2. To be brilliantly, often deceptively, attractive.
Post a Comment