Tuesday, October 12, 2004

spreadfest two

Speadfest two will transpire this Saturday in Fort St. John (named after our band, the Spreaders). My name's Wade and I play the drums. Our rhythm guitarist organized the whole event and it should be one hell of a party. There are 7 bands going to be playing, two of which are traveling from Grande Prairie (including the amazing Welfare Gerr and the Paydays). So if you're in FSJ this weekend don't miss it. It'll be cold, wet, loud, and drunkenly. Weeeeeeeee

Lastly, the following is the title from the front page of a free little booklet with ads and cupons sent all over the peace country to thousands of people; not that I'm perfect, but 1000's, let alone a couple people, don't read my drizzle. What's wrong with this title? "Bargin's in the Peace County (1997)." There could be nothing wrong, but something seems amiss, help me out.

Wader

The Word from the album Rubber Soul by The Beatles

3 comments:

M said...

You're correct. Something is amiss. The apostrophe police haven't been doing their job lately. Drives me nuts. Hey, maybe that's a job for me once I graduate - Apostrophe police officer...

Aryn said...

It depends entirely what they mean! "Bargin's in the Peace County" indicates to me that someone named Bargin is in the Peace County. Of course, I suppose what they likely meant was "Bargains in the Peace County".

Anonymous said...

Oh! Dear are the frequent errors of our fellow Peace citizens. Syntax anyone?
(Insert banjo here...) Ring-a-ling-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding........