Sunday, October 03, 2004

A Shit Tail.

Last night I went to Shark Tail and it was horrible!!!

So far I've liked almost every computer animated mainstream movie; Toy story, a Bug's Life, Shrek, Finding Nemo and so many more, but Shark Tail (by dreamworks) is atrocious. I'm hoping that Kristin will write a review (which I'll post) because she is a far more articulate writer then I am, but I'll do my best to tell you why it was so bloody awful.

Firstly I'm led to the conclusion that Dreamworks isn't nearly as good as Pixar. There hasn't been a Pixar movie that I haven't enjoyed (point of interest, Steve Jobs is both the CEO of Apple and Pixar), while Dreamworks movies tend to be touch and go.

Will Smith lends his voice to the lead character (Oscar) and proves that if you have to see a movie with Will in it he better be taking his shirt off; that's the only way that it'll be worth it. De Niro demeans his entire catalogue of work by being in this movie. Jolie is a slut, again. Jack Black isn't even good, and he's always good. Zellweger is a good ole whiner.

The movie is a bunch of cliches and stereotypes will a very thin, almost non-existent, plot. For example, two yellow fish talk in East Indian accents, as they are supposed to representing taxi's. Brutal.

Anyhow, I'm off to a birthday party.

Wader

P.S. I haven't wanted to walk out of a movie this bad in a long time. A very long fucking time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My review is on the way...prepare to laugh.....or cry...depending on your point of view.

Anonymous said...

speaking of birthdays.....somebody forgot mine!! :(