Sunday, October 24, 2004

da grudge

If you're in the mood for a good scare and a group orgy, "The Grudge" can offer half of what you're looking for. Sex in a whore hour will offer both but will cost you a considerable amount more.

Last night we went to The Grudge with Sarah Michelle Gellar, and, briefly, Bill Pullman. If the kind of horror that is better in the theatre. The sounds and sensual immersion. The uncomfortable laughter of throngs of people. The darkness. Everything. It was a little slow in parts but for the most part it was rather enjoyable. I should say that I don't like horror movies and the only reason I go is because others are and if I don't I'll be all alone sitting in my house typing on my blog (hmmmmm).

In other news. I won the lottery. 22 million is mine!!!!! At least that's what I thought briefly when I awoke this morning. It must have been a very real dream because I was overly happy upon waking up. That's never a good thing. You see, the world is devided between perky morning people and non-perky morning people. The two factors keep the world in check. The ying to the yang, the light the dark, the "for every reaction there is an equal reaction." Without perky morning people the world would be internally miserable, and without non-perky morning people the world would implode on itself because every morning would be a "good morning." (Thanks Lorne Elliot, you inspire me, even when you're perpetuating Canadian stereotypes).

Whatever happened to SNL. Like, fuck. What the hell. Jesus. Help!!!! The good ole days are gone and all we're left with is really long skits that go nowhere and aren't funny at all, and update. Really, the only good part left of the show is update; this year with the inspired Tina Fey and the anorexic Amy Peohler. That literally is the only part of the show worth watching. Or, stay up really late and watch an old Saturday night live after the new broadcast and reminisce about the good old days when the show didn't suck.

Smallville's Wednesday episode was trey bon (someone fix that for me). The character of the flash was introduced and he made reference to sometime making a superhero club. uoooo clever!

Anyhow, I need some breakfast. I'll see all the Edmonton folk in three weekends. Sweet!!!

Wader

Black Dog from the album THE GREATEST OF METAL by Led Zeppelin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the Cro-Magnon woman? Doth that not deserve a mention????
MmmmmmmmmmBurlet!

Anonymous said...

Wader,

I too agree on the weakness of SNL 1)my weakness in wanting to tune in hoping that for once it might make me laugh 2) the absolute weak performance level it delivers weak after weak (ok, bad pun!)

Anyways, B & I tuned in last night and watched a confusing vocal performance by Ashlee Simpson - her song was on but she wasn't singing the words...but they were there....hmmm...can we say lip synching???? Not knowing what happened, the internet quickly informed me this morning. Oh those tabloids are ruthless on their celebrities!

Anyways, I love your blog. I think I live for it! See ya in 54 days (not that I'm counting!)

Love M of B&M

Anonymous said...

Hi Wade! *waves*

Long time no talk... Hope all is well in your land. :)
Only redeeming quality of this week's SNL was Jude Law in a dress... RAWR! The man is HOT no matter what!

~jenica

Unknown said...

don't depress yourself Wade... Fort St. John has a wealth of things to do other than have you sit at home and type on your blog... I mean almost every other week there is an up and coming rib ticklin comic playing to sold out shows at the various nightclubs on the strip.

I have to comment on your phrase, "sex in a whore hour" It is a definitely cunning use of words... since it really reinforces that the sex act must take place within a whore hour. Fascinating stuff you write.

And to comment on a previous comment. Jude Law is one sexy sexy man... He is appearing in numerous films this year, perhaps a bit of overexposure, but I would suggest that at the rate he is losing his hair he is trying to make as much money as he possibly can before his receding hairline destroys his career.

Have fun with the edmontonians my dear lad. and damn it... don't ever tell me you won the lottery.