So gmail is 1 gig of space, or 1000 megs. (really closer to 1024 but who's counting?). How are the other free email services going to compete? While, I read in the Alaska Highway News (of all places) that hotmail is increasing their account sizes. Yahoo has already done this, up from 5 megs to 100, and allowing 10meg attachments. Hotmail is going to go up from 2 megs to 250 megs this fall and will also allow 10 megs of transfer. So the largest free web based email provider is catching up with the times. This is good for me because hotmail can download right to Entourage (Outlook for mac), and good for you PCers because it'll download right to Outlook and Outlook Express.
I do though still really dislike microsoft, so if gmail comes out with POP access I'll be all about that and even probably willing to pay a little extra for it.
Wader
Wigwam by Bob Dylan
Saturday, July 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment