Thursday, July 08, 2004

i tried, but to no avail...

Last year I created what I called "the John Tour," and I was looking for this file and no matter what I do I can't seem to find it. I was using my brother's computer last summer so I'm guessing that's where I'll find it and perhaps in the future I can share it with you. Otherwise I might just have to make a new one.

Rash. Never ever be rash, but what do you do when you get a rash? I have a rash in the most awkward and embarrassing places that I can think of. My hand. It's only between the biggest knuckle and the middle one. It's on every finger but predominantly on the ring finger of my left hand. As far as I can finger the rash started after I used a pair of latex gloves at work, you know the ones with the baking soda inside? But I really don't know. If anyone knows of or can think of a cure just tell me (for some reason I'm thinking of V here).... it could be unrelated to latex (fingers crosses) and just eczema (if that's the case I'll still be seeking advice).

I started reading a book and if you're a gay male, a straight male that's comfortable with his sexuality and/or gay themes, a straight women that likes gay themes... fuck. if you're anyone, you should be reading David Sedaris. I purchased his new book (a #1 best seller according to the New York Times) after seeing him read on the Late Show with David Letterman. The book is called "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim," and you should but it. It's a best seller so Coles had it for 30% off which is good but it'll still cost you $27 (less in Alberta, damn PST). It's a collection of short stories or essays about his childhood and growing up. It's such an easy and empathetic read. I can relate to him and the themes in his book on so many levels and I imagine that anyone can in some way.

I also purchased "Life of Pi" at Walmart for a stellar $12 dollars. Tomorrow I'm heading back to coles to purchase "The Da Vinci Code" as they were out last time and it should be 30% off too. I've heard nothing but good about this book.

Lastly I thought I would share with you a couple of the things that people said when they saw my shocking hair the first time.

"What, did you stick you finger in a light socket?"
"See a ghost?"
"Were you in a car accident?"
"Chemical spill?"
"Lose a bet?"
"Store all out of nice colours?"
"Midlife crisis?"
"What'd you do"
Of course there were alllllll the blog comments too!

I'm glad that those comments have stopped... but it was fun. All right, back to work. Sleep tight and go spend some money on one of David Sedaris's many good books or plays.

Wader

Purple Rain by Prince

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wade!! I LOVE David Sedaris!! Have you read Me Talk Pretty One Day? It's terrific.

I'm planning on getting his new one too.

~jenica

Anonymous said...

What does the rash look like? Is it itchy? Does it burn? First, before you do anything, soak your hand in 3 parts water and one part baking soda. This will help to take down the inflamation and soften the skin. See how this works and get back to me. If it is peeling, not due to excessive itching, put on a LIGHT un-fragranced moisturizer (probably something your mom uses on her face).
Either way, get back to me and I'll give you some recommendations.
~V

Anonymous said...

Hey Wade, let's hope it's a rash and not scabes....hehehe. Pitty on you if it's scabes. (I'm laughing cause I had it before in grade 4). They suck. The rash would be more between your fingers though and very itchy, if it's neither of these then you're good to go....however, if it does sound like this then it is highly contagious and similar to chicken pocks, the difference is that they're little mites that burrow into your skin and that's why it's itchy. Happy rashing, and let us know if it's serious or not!!

~*~Heather~*~