Friday, February 04, 2005

Mr. K

What a crazy week. Here's the exciting run down and how I've managed to work for three different unions in leff then 8 months.

Monday a job was posted locally for a Social Studies Teacher. I was sick on Tuesday when it was faxed out; but I got an email from my Aunt telling me about it. Wednesday I applied and interviewed. To find out "after 4:00" on Friday.

Thursday and Friday I worked. I was supposed to be studying for my Apple Exams which were going to be on Friday originally. You see, if I got the Job had a lot of things I needed to get in order. 6 months of files and thing that I did and had to teach others.

Friday was a long day waiting for the decision, plus my car was in the garage getting the command start fixed... again. 4:00 comes around, 4:02 still nothing.... Finally, at quitting time (4:30) I phoned the auto-glass shop that was working on my command start. I've seen the guy enough and we have a good relationship and he was trying to be funny "do you needed your car for the next two days?" ha ha fucking ha.... is it ready! I hung up the phone and it rang a few seconds after I put it down. I thought it was the same a when an answering machine calls you back, but it wasn't. It was the principal of the high-school offering me a job at 4:31.

Yesterday I was at work till 9pm getting started on a video editing project for a recruiting campaign in Nigeria. This would be no big deal, even with a deadline of next Friday, has I not had to start a new job, on Monday.

So, I had my last day and didn't even know that it was my last day until a minute after my last day was done.

Starting Monday I'll be teaching
Comparitive Civilization 12 (20 Students)
Social Studies 11
InfoTec (Information Technology) 11/12 (17 Students)
and Possible a CAPP class, but only for one term (Career and Personal Planning, similar to CALM in Alberta)


Tomorrow I'll be covering the Northern B.C. Winter Games in Dawson Creek for Moose FM with RL, and taking picture. Should be a blast.

Sunday. Lesson Plan.

The posts will slow down for a while, but don't worry I won't forget.

Wader

6 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulazioni! félicitations! Glückwünsche! gelukwensen! felicitações! συγχαρητήρια!

I'm sure that your charismatic interview techniques will carry over to your instructional techniques. And if your luck continues to improve, perhaps you will have your own deliverance-type farewell when your first batch of students have to say goodbye. I can just picture them singing one of Chicago's fine tunes already... now that's off the hook!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Vade,

Congratulations on the new job. I am so happy for you. What an exciting opportunity and I know you're going to be fantastic at it. All the best with those high school kids.

Love You!
M

Aryn said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

Wade:
How exciting! I'm so proud of you! Show those little punks who is boss!
~Kristin

M said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry I missed your call tonight (working), but I will be home during the day tomorrow and will try to reach you...

lots of love!
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Wade!! To walk the halls of our high school and NOT be a student....what a great feeling. Have fun on your first day.

Amber