I enjoy karaoke, in fact, I enjoy it a great deal. So, after finishing work last night and having a bath (my pressure is simply amazing and it creates the most glorious bubbles at a ratio of approximately 1:1.5 of water to bubbles) Marsha, Justen and I went to Dan's Karaoke at Buds Bar and Grill. We were there till closing but the night was only just beginning and soon we were off to Cafe located right beside the middle of nowhere in Edmonton. My mans choir was having a 24 hour sing-a-thon to raise funds to bring a choir to Canada from Namibia. Karaoke occupied the hours from 1-4 in the morning. Marsha had gone home with Dan after Buds and Justen and I stayed for the duration of the fundraiser (not the 24 hours, just the Karaoke part). I got in at about 4:30. I got up at 9:30, drove Beth to the airport and on the way back stopped at the cafe again; this time it was packed. I had a loafer and said that "the muffin was loaf-a-licious," the owner loved the word and asked if they could use it to adveritise their rarely eaten muffs, I said for sure or if you want you could say "dive into one of our delicious muffs." She preferred the former. After that I got home around 11 and went back to bed sleeping longer then expected; about four hours.
Last nights 7 song set list:
•Still Rock and Roll to Me - there were problems with the audio system but I did my best
•Walk the Dinosaur - Marsha picked this one and I might have heard the song twice before. I made up the melody and pretty much just reinvented the song. It went over very well.
•Love Shack - A duet with Marsha, we rocked it and she belted like I've never seen before, I'm surprised that she's able to speak today.•Superman's Dead - I didn't drive it home that's for sure but I did put forth a noble effort.
•Crocodile Rock - This was at the sing-a-thon. I rock it!
•Love Shack - Twice in one night, this time with a different partner. I played it different but it was still, I think, a success.
•Mein Heir - The funniest song of the night for me. From the musical Cabaret. I did a great deal of straight arm goose stepping and faked german.
Oh and in other news, I drove a newly immigrated Nigerian home from work yesterday and half way there he says, "why is my bum warm?" I have heated seats. He's working in a call centre and has a PhD in Soil Science. WOW, I don't feel as bad about working there now.
That's all.
Wader
P.S. i didn't edit this, I know it will be riddled with mistakes.
2 comments:
wow... sounds like you were having some fast times at ridgemont high.
a real post?! i am shocked, awed, and pleased as punch. it's too bad the muffin gal didn't like your alternative advertising suggestion - i think it's awesome :)
Post a Comment