So, I think that I have my Christmas shopping done. That's correct, I'm done one month and 8 days early (with the exception of a couple of gift that tend to always pop up. The big ones are done though.). Yesterday I put in an order with Amazon.ca for over $300 dollars, which should be in in a couple of days, and over the weekend I spent more money in Edmonton at a multitude of stores. In all honesty I do like giving more then getting. So half of that $300 and most of what I bought over the weekend was a gift to myself; that way I get the best of both worlds, giving (to myself) and getting. Good thinking Wade. What did I buy you ask? While... for myself I bought two pairs of shoes, a sweeter, a coat, two shirts, and an oil scent burner from the Body Shop. At amazon I've got Latter Days on order as well as a few gay books, picture books, some more Dan Brown, some more David Sedaris, as well as several gifts. Don't worry, I bought a bunch of other stuff in Edmonton and Christmas will still be a happy one for some people and not everyone (in fact, barely anyone) will be getting books.
Off to Edmonton. My weekend was fabulous.
So, I let on Wed with my traveling companion D and got there around 10:00pm. There was much drinking to be done when I arrived and Marsha, Andrea, and I got started. Thursday was a day that accomplished little worth mentioning other then getting to see Amber and going to the succulent and sensational Bard in Ernie's for breakfast, ummmmmm... so good. I had the oh so good seafood benedict. If you're every in Edmonton I highly recommend this german eatery.
Thursday night was quite the event. We went to Than Than (spelling Marsha?), which is a Vietnamese restaurant, and it was tanfastic. I thought that Karaoke was supposed to start at 9:00 which is when we got there, turns out, the email said 8:00; fuck. Oh well, Karaoke didn't really get going until 10:00 or so... no harm no foul. I changed the name of karaoke night on thursday to fairyoke. There were so many gays guys that I think we out numbed the straight folks in the bar. We had a blast and only a couple of people had too much to drink; for once, I wasn't one of them.
Friday was shopping and relaxing. Sweet glorious relaxing. Sweet glorious shopping. ummmm relaxing. It was me, D, and his daughter R. I wonder what people thought? Were we a family? Were D and a I an item and R an accepting friend? Were R and I an item and D our loving father? What ever the case we played the situation up to it's full potential, honey. We went to the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen for din din. Highly recommended..... order the muscles with gorgonzola cheese sauce.
Marsha's a dear. Andrea's a dear. All my friends are dears.
I didn't get to see AA this weekend. I'm sorry about your loss and give my deepest condolences. Call is you ever need to talk!
Saturday was another day of shopping at the WEM. Good times. I bought more shit. Too many people in cowboy hats. Too many people in general. Checked out the VV (Value Village), bought a shirt. Went to a play.... very weird but totally worth the $9. Lastly the Roost at 12:00am. Another gay time.
Anyhow... more later... I must be off,
Wade
P.S. more on Rufus coming soon.
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Wade, that would be "Barb & Ernie's", not "Bard in Ernie's". Might make it easier for people to take you up on your suggestion to try it out.
Post a Comment