Saturday, January 14, 2006

what i've been up to

While while. It's been too long since my last post and frankly I have no excuse. I've been out of work (for the first time in my life) and have been lounging around and going for coffee for the last couple of weeks.

The job search is going okay; there are a number of opportunities and I haven't said no to anything (minus a job with Second Cup). Every interview is an opportunity and it helps me become better at them. I really wish that everything moved as fast as the world of e. We have e (electronic) everything and anything we need (almost) can be instantly gratified; but not jobs. This is something that we, as a society simply aren't conditioned for. The job search takes work, time, diligence, and dedication. Fingers remain crossed for the time being.

Other then that, I'm set up for life here in Edmonton, things are well, and I hope that, more and more, I'm able to stay.

I have been on a couple of dates this week too and that feels good. It's good to feel wanted and to meet new people (impressing them with my bravado?). I like to challenge myself and I feel that, even though it seems that I'm just sitting on my ass, I am doing that.

Anyhow, A. is cooking dinner and I'm already late so I must be off. Ciao.

Wader

3 comments:

Unknown said...

darling, you were always wanted just not in your previous location... well, maybe I'll take that back. I'm sure you were wanted there too, just not by anyone you would want.

I'm so pleased that things are going well for you and that you're enjoying your time in Edmonton. I really didn't expect any less of the time you would spend there.

In the meantime, now that you will have your pictures notarized/authenticated or whatever the hell they call it, go and get your damn passport! I can't visit you outside of the country if you never go abroad.

Aella said...

Wade....you're in Edmonton?!? Geesh....we must go for coffee! *:) Let me know when you're free through email...or rather, I could send you my schedule later too. I only have 3 classes and a whole lotta stress (applying for grad school) but would love to make time for the gorgeous you.

Hope to hear from you soon! *:D

Anonymous said...

Wade,
It's Andy. Call me. I've been trying to track you down.