Sunday, June 26, 2005

more and more

I realize that it's damn near impossible to be creative with the titles of these posts. I'll do my best.

oooo. elton just came, on, iTunes. the correct emphasis matters in this sentence.

What a weekend, Friday night, Saturday night and a Sunday night thrown in for good measure. The structure of the weekend was not that unique; regular and unchanging, to be fair. Thinking back... Friday I had a nice supper, good company and a fetching pre-oscar party (one of these thing is a lie). Saturday, the canola fest. This deserves a full article of it's own, even if it turns out to be shorter then a little persons little finger, it won't get that though. It'll get a paragraph.

What the hell happened. The last three year the canola fest have been great. Lots of great music, goings ons, entertainment, and in general, people. This year it was so poorly attended that it looked like David Koresh had a revival meeting before I got there. (in poor taste?). The set up was okay but they didn't advertise the thing well enough. The weather wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough to keep people in the house as if they were Anne Frank. (in poor taste?). I think the worst part though is the name. It's called the Canola Fest. I mean, if I didn't know it might be misconstrued as a UFA meeting. (in poor taste?). The original reason for the name, for those playing at home, was because the first year it was held it was in August, when the canola was in bloom (if you're ignorant or simply don't care about botany, canola is a geneticly altered version of rape seed. It's often used to create oil and is even used in the holy goodness that is margarine [I prefer butter, utterly prefer {bad taste} butter]. +I don't know how to use brackets in bracket and I just ran out of styles.+ I guess that it's a good thing we grow canola in this area, no one would go to a rape festival). I stayed for a couple acts, drank a coffee, then regained my senses.

Otherwise, on Saturday, I died my hair... you'll see pictures on Flickr soon, until then guess what colour in the comments. Saturday night brought a poker party and I now have confirmed my suspicions. If I'm at a party with a bunch of straight girls and straight boys and the boys are playing in poker in one room and the girls are dancing in the other room, I'll be with the girls. And I did correctly predict that. Then we went to the bar. In general I had a great night. I would have liked it to be in another bar, in another city, and I would have substituted some of the people with smarter people that we're as equally good looking, and the gay boy ratio would have surely been higher. As the circumstances were, I did have a good time and I was nice to not have restriction, constriction, and impediment hanging over me (speaking to how with work I always feel guilty when I have things to do and am procrastinating by having fun). I was DD and even then it was a blast. While at the house (over several hours) I did mix myself a drink. I can recommend this. Kola Bombay (a joint creation), get Koala Kola carbonated beverage in any of their refreshing flavours and mix with a good gin and a twist of lime. Thanks for the dancing R. Wonderful.

Sunday, bought a new jacket, a kind of 70's soccer jack. I bought new socks and a pair of pants. I didn't need more pants but I needed to fill that vacuumous void that is my soulless life (perhaps I should stop reading AdBusters). I had a fetching shopping partner and she even ended up buying a couple of dashing shirts (made of 100% fetching). Had a wonderful brazilian supper and even got to do some writing (I'm in the midst of that process right now, but I'm referring to it in post tense, sorry to confuse). Oh, I cleaned the house, took care of a fur problem, took out the garbage, did laundry, and more!

That's all. I have three more days, then grad then I'm off to Edmonton. I'll be there on Friday and staying till Monday. Then to ND. and so on.

Can't wait.

Till later
Wader

P.S. Across the Universe is now playing and I think I'm getting shivers it's so good. I AM! Rufus, what would I do without you in my life?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wader my sweet... you have achieved a level of brilliance with this post here. One might say that your style and content have moved beyond the realm of your mentors, RL Stine and a certain D. Brown (in poor taste?).

But really, I utterly and absolutely and resolutely loved your post, most especially these little bits... shorter then a little persons finger and the weather wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough to keep people in the house as if they were Anne Frank. In fact, I loved the post so much I won't even correct your grammar.