Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A post a year and a half in the making

I found this journal entry in a drama response journal - the date is indicated. I have not edited the original and, as per usual, it's riddled with mistakes. It's interesting to read back and find out where I was a over a year ago. I know that the word "fetching" had not yet entered my vernacular, nor had the word "vernacular" entered my vocabulary. The word "verbatim" however, was already present (thanks mom). The entry is coming, hold your horse. I think that the format for the journal is really unique. It makes you think about what is around you and how your interaction(s) with the environment around you affect your well being and state of mind (possibly a redundant sentence). Hence forth here is the entry... I don't think it's too personal but if you find it to be I ask that you simply close your eyes and cover your ears.

Date: September 10/03
Temp: Very warm, in the 20s at 9:00 at night.
Time: 10:00pm

Mood: I’m removed. When you get really worn down and tired and it feels like you’re just going through the motions but not actually an active participant. It’s almost like I’m on the outside looking in at myself.

Visual: I saw a guy on his bike and he was totally decked out with all the gear, side bags, bells, whistles, reflector, all the proper clothing and so on. I got on my bike with just a bag on my back and a helmet on my head. I then proceeded to speed past him due to the fact that I’m on a 10 speed and he was riding a mountain bike. I just thought it was kind of funny.

Sound: Fire alarms. I had two today, they were the first I’d experienced in four years, since high school. Annoying as hell, but class gets out early.

Taste: Ham, ham, ham and more ham. I’m really tired of ham but I buy it because it’s on sale and then because I’m at the U for summer I bring another sandwich.

Texture: The seats in Tory lecture theatre after 3 hours of lecture. It wreaks havoc on the ass. I think that premolded plastic seats should always come with upholstery.

Scent: Laundry right out of dryer. I hate doing laundry but the fresh bounce smell is almost worth is. After my night class I rushed home and did laundry then ran out for groceries. What a day.

Daily thought: After my Tuesday into. to counseling class all I can think about is what I’m going to do in 8 months. Perhaps I’ll come back and start masters work right away. I’ve been reflecting on myself as a person and thinking about whether I’d do a great job; mediocre is not good enough.

Daily spark: My professor today was completely inspiring. The class is witchcraft and the occult. Basically it’s him in general, but specifically he talked about not having to subscribe to a specific religion to reap the same benefits. Religion provides some sort of self-satisfaction through worship. He argued that the same could be achieved through meditation and self-reflection.

Double Dare: Go skydiving. I’m not sure if it classifies as a double dare because I will surely in time go skydiving, but not right away due to finances.


That's all friends.
Macs rock because Safari has a built in spell checker (edit and check spelling when your in a text box), and I need it.

Wader

No comments: